If you are moving Secret Server to a new machine, you can follow these steps:
Moving the web server to a new machine?
- Disable the "Force HTTPS/SSL" option on the Secret Server configuration page. If you are also moving the SQL Server database, be sure to create a new copy of the database as this setting is written to it. You can re-enable the "Force HTTPS/SSL" option after you set up and install an SSL certificate on the new machine.
- Copy the folder that holds your Secret Server instance to the new computer.
- Shut down the old web site and recycle its application pool as it is running background threads which are accessing the database.
- Set up the new folder in Internet Information Server (IIS), point it to the new Secret Server directory, and change it to an ASP .NET application.
- If your database server and credentials have not changed, you are now done. If they have changed, follow the steps in the next section.
- Activate the licenses for the new server by going to the Licenses page
Moving the Microsoft SQL Server database to a new machine?
To move the database, follow the steps in this KB article:
Article ID: 14, Created On: 7/4/2007, Modified: 8/2/2011