- One of the following Microsoft operating systems:
Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008 (including R2), or 2012. Express Edition or higher.
Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) / ASP.NET (internal part of the operating system)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 with Service Pack 1. Both 32-bit and 64-bit editions are supported.
- Windows Server 2008 (including R2)
- Windows Server 2012 (including R2)
- Windows Vista (Ultimate or Business)
- Windows 7
- Windows 8 (including 8.1)
Note Do not plan to install Password Reset Server on a domain controller. Microsoft ASP.NET will not operate reliably when installed on a domain controller.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Dual-Core 2Ghz or higher
- 2 GB RAM
- 1 GB of disk space (for the database)
- Password Reset Server will operate in a virtualized environment (VMWare or Hyper-V).
- Do NOT install Password Reset Server on a domain controller (Microsoft ASP.NET does not operate reliably when installed on a domain controller).
- You can run Password Reset Server on the same machine as other applications (Password Reset Server will require sufficient RAM and CPU to operate normally), however, see the next point:
- For maximum security, you should install the application on dedicated systems or at least systems with applications with the same level of security/sensitivity. Access to these systems should then be restricted. While all sensitive data in Password Reset Server is either securely hashed or encrypted, it is a security best practice to limit any opportunities for foul play.
Database Size Recommendations
- Recommend 1 GB initial database size
- Typical database size for 1000 users is around 300 MB
- Growth depends on the size of the domain (OUs, groups, users) and audit activity
- Overall relatively small database size.
Article ID: 184, Created On: 10/13/2011, Modified: 2/13/2014