Secret Server has the ability to wire up a program to run when clicking the Launcher on a Secret. The Process Launchers can be customized to work with any command-line started application and will pass values from the Secret. In order for the process launchers to work, the client machine will need to have the program installed and typically needs the program folder in the PATH environment variable.
Default Launchers Requirements:
- SQL Server Launcher - Requires SQL Server Management Studio installed. When installed the program will be automatically added to the PATH. (Default uses 2008)
- Powershell Launcher - Requires Powershell installed. When installed the program will be automatically added to the PATH.
How to add a Program Folder to the PATH?
- Sybase isql Launcher - Requires isql.exe installed. It may need to be added to the PATH if $SYSBASE has not been added.
Right click on Computer and go to Properties. In the properties window click Advanced system settings
. On the Advanced Tab,
click the Environment Variables
button. In the System Variables
section scroll to Path
. Click Edit then at the very end of the Textbox, paste the full path to the folder where the program file is located but make sure not to replace any existing entries. The list is semi-colon separated. Click Ok to close the dialogs.
- The process (process name) was not found
- The application has not been installed on the machine. If the application was installed, the program folder will need to be added to the path.
- The stub received bad data (1783)
- The process is set to Launch As the Credentials of the Secret but the username or domain is not correct on the Secret or the client machine cannot find the user or domain credentials specified.
Article ID: 190, Created On: 10/27/2011, Modified: 10/28/2011