If you are unable to connect a client application or mobile device
to your Secret Server instance please check the following:
- Are webservices enabled?
- Go to Administration->Configuration and ensure that "Enable Webservices" is set to "Yes".
- Are you using Integrated Windows Authentication?
- Please refer to the steps in this KB article for enabling mobile access in this case.
- Can you browse to Secret Server from the mobile device? If you are unable to browse to the Secret Server site using your mobile web browser, then that means that Secret Server is unreachable from your device. Ensure that you are on the wireless intranet, or that the Secret Server site is available from outside your internal network.
- Check the URL you are using on the client application or mobile device - it should the URL of the Login.aspx without login.aspx
Are you using SSL? If so, is your certificate trusted? Check with your IIS administrator to get a valid certificate (More details in this KB article).
- For example:
https://secretserver/ss/Login.aspx THE URL TO USE IS https://secretserver/ss
https://secretserver/Login.aspx THE URL TO USE IS https://secretserver/
http://ss.myserver1.com/Login.aspx THE URL TO USE IS http://ss.myserver1.com/
Are you using a BlackBerry and receiving errors?
Article ID: 244, Created On: 2/6/2012, Modified: 3/27/2013