How to customize your text and links:
- Locate your Secret Server or Password Reset Server installation folder on your server. For example, C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\installationname.
- Locate the customresources folder.
- Open the folder of the language you wish to change. To determine which folder is your language, refer to this KB article: http://support.thycotic.com/KB/a9/language-lcids.aspx?KBSearchID=0.
If the folder with your language does not exist, create it using the LCID number of your language.
Also create a "help" folder in your new folder.
If you created this folder, locate the pages.xml file in the resources/9 folder, and copy it into your newly created folder.
- You can now customize your new pages.xml file to make any desired changes.
To change the link target for "Need Help?" on the bottom left of the page, find the control "HelpLink" in the pages.xml file. Then change it to:
<property name="InnerText" value="Need Assistance?" />
<property name="HRef" value="http://localhost/myhelp" />
This will change the "Need Help?" link to say "Need Assistance?" and will point the link to http://localhost/myhelp
- Your customized changes will appear immediately in Secret Server.
- Your changes will not be lost over upgrades as Secret Server does not touch the customresources folder but you will need to update your pages.xml across upgrades as new pages and features become available.
- Note that you should remove all the elements that are not customized so that only your customized changes are left in the pages.xml (this is recommended to make maintenance easier).
(make sure to save any edits under the encoding UTF-8)
Article ID: 79, Created On: 2/2/2010, Modified: 3/27/2013