*** YOU DO NOT NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE ZIP FILE AND REMEMBER TO NEVER OVERWRITE OR DELETE YOUR encryption.config FILE. ***
Password Reset Server has a built in web installer. The web installer is a series of pages inside Password Reset Server that allow you to download and run updates. Note that Password Reset Server will still be accessible by users for most of the upgrade process, or you can bring down outside access to the site if you want to prevent users from making changes during the upgrade. Preventing user access will make restoring the database and site backups simpler if you decide to roll back the upgrade immediately after.
Remember: PLEASE BACKUP YOUR PASSWORD RESET SERVER FOLDER AND DATABASE BEFORE DOING THE UPGRADE.
- Make sure the Application Pool Identity has full control on the PRS application folder, and the Temp folder under C:\windows\Temp
- Open your web browser, go to your Password Reset Server, and look in the header bar for an alert that will appear telling you that there is a new version. Simply click the alert and follow the on screen instructions to automatically upgrade to the new version (note that you must be logged in as a Password Reset Server administrator to do the upgrade).
- If the alert does not appear in the header then either restart IIS (either recycle the app pool or open a cmd.exe and do iisreset) to have Password Reset Server restart and check for updates.
- If neither of these work, then you can force the upgrade process by going to the installer.aspx page (for example: http://your_server/passwordresetserver/installer.aspx)
- If this still doesn't detect the update then something is blocking your server from getting to our updates website (http://updates.thycotic.net). Typically this is a restrictive firewall or proxy server requiring authentication. You can do an offline upgrade by following the instructions in the KnowledgeBase article "Upgrading Password Reset Server without outbound access". You can also check your Password Reset Server's outbound connectivity by going to Administration | Diagnostics within the application - this page will test connectivity to http://updates.thycotic.net and other websites.