IIS 7.0 and 8.0, the worker process terminates after a period of inactivity by
default. Because of this, if Secret Server is in its own application pool, the application pool will stop after a period of no requests.
To change IIS to not stop the worker process, follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Run, then type in inetmgr. Click OK.
- Expand the server icon on the left panel and select Application Pools
the application pool Secret Server is running as. To determine this, expand Sites at the left, then find the website Secret Server is running on. Click on the Secret Server website or virtual directory (if it is running on one) and click Basic Settings on the right panel.
This will indicate Secret Server's application pool.
- Right-click the application pool, and then click Advanced Settings.
- Set the Idle Time-out (minutes) option in the Process Model section to 0
- Set the Regular Time Interval (minutes) option in the Recycling section to 0
- Check the Specific Times setting by select it and click the arrow to see if there is time specified there or click the ... button to make sure there are no values there.
- Click OK.