How to customize your text and links:
- Locate your Secret Server or Password Reset Server installation folder on your server. For example, C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\installationname.
- Locate the customresources folder.
- Open the folder of the language you wish to change. For English, this will be 9. To determine which folder is your language, refer to this KB article: http://support.thycotic.com/KB/a9/language-lcids.aspx?KBSearchID=0.
- If the folder with your language does not exist, create it using the LCID number of your language. Locate the pages.xml file from the resources/9 folder and copy it into the folder you have just created.
- You can now customize your new pages.xml file to make any desired changes.
To change the link target for "Need Help?" on the bottom left of the page, find the control "HelpLink" in the pages.xml file. Then change it to:
<property name="InnerText" value="Need Assistance?" />
<property name="HRef" value="http://localhost/myhelp" />
This will change the "Need Help?" link to say "Need Assistance?" and will point the link to http://localhost/myhelp
- You will need to recycle the application pool for the changes to appear.
- Your changes will not be lost over upgrades as Secret Server does not touch the customresources folder but you will need to update your pages.xml across upgrades as new pages and features become available.
- Note that you should remove all the elements that are not customized so that only your customized changes are left in the pages.xml (this is recommended to make maintenance easier).
Password Reset Server example:
- Make sure to save any edits under the encoding UTF-8
- In some cases, you can change the property name from <InnerText> to <InnerHtml> for more customizability, but keep in mind its case sensitive. This will allow you to use lists, and other HTML tags to customize your text.
- You can't use < or >, inside the xml tags. Instead use the escape characters. This is an example of a line break